CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP W/MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- Rinse chicken and place in large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer and cover with lid.
- Cook for about 2 hours or until chicken is done.
- Separate broth and chicken by straining the liquid from the pot into a bowl.
- Place chicken into a large bowl, pour broth back into pot.
- Let chicken cool.
- Peel / chop / mince vegetables & spices to add to pot of broth.
- Rinse and chop cauliflower.
- Cook in separate saucepan with water.
- While broth and vegetables are simmering (25-30 minutes or until soft), divide chicken into three parts: meat, skin, bones.
- Add meat to soup once vegetables are cooked through and heat for 5-10 minutes. Salt to taste.
- If you want a creamier/more nutrient-packed soup, place chicken skin and some water in a blender to make "gravy", stir to add with chicken in the soup.
- Drain water from cauliflower and mash.
- Season with butter/ghee and salt.
- Save the bones to make your own bone broth for future soups.
- Makes 10-12 servings.
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 10 carrots
- 4 zucchinis
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 head of organic cauliflower
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee (if tolerated)