10 MIN PREP ROASTED SQUASH SOUP
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut squash / pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds, place face down on baking sheet.
- Quarter seeded poblano pepper and peeled onion, place on baking sheet with peeled ginger root and garlic cloves.
- Cover all vegetables with melted ghee, butter, or oil, season with salt.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until squash is fully cooked. Check at 30 minutes to remove anything already browned.
- Scoop cooked squash into stockpot (if using an immersion blender), food processor, or blender. Add all other roasted vegetables and broth.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 pie pumpkin
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1" fresh ginger root
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt / to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- 2 cups bone or vegetable broth
- Fresh herbs (optional)